Never Argue With An Idiot-

-I  was  reading  Urdu  magazine   with  my  evening  tea  and  a  quote  by  freud  in Urdu  meant  equally  good  as  in original,   the  gist  of  which  is  that  woman  first  loves  her  lover  and   then  love  itself 
-I  also  like  another  quote  by  someone  else -never  argue  with an  idiot  , he  will bring  you  down  to his  level and  beat  with his  experience, that  means  losing  to  an  idiot  , to  win from an  idiot  means  you  better  be  a  bigger  idiot
-mauds  from lower  strata  can  help  in some  ways  like  cleaning  and  mopping  and  they  have  no  experience  of  high  society  they  wish  to  be  part  of  and  imitate  buying  street  foods  from hawkers  and  pretending  their  taste  is  extra  ordinary 
-mine  said  after  I  praised  her  for  boiling  the  lentils  extra  soft  that  she  cooked well, she  chirped  she  had  seen some  people  eating  feta  cheese  breaking  it  and  mashing  it  mixed  with  sugar  and  then  she  did not  know  what  to  do  except  turning  her  pretty  cute  nose  snarl
-uneducated, unable  to  converse, no  intellect, no  knowledge, no interest, no  exposure  except  her  home  and  not  trained, not  learned, not skilled  can  cook now  what  I  taught  her  , rice  and  daal, and  she  feels  expert  in her field  
-my  brother  an asthamatic  became  breathless  coughing  at  night  , his  bed  , sheets  pillow  covers  were  dusty, maid  likes to  remain slow  and  unable  to  finish her  small  work of  cooking  daal  and  rice  and  likes  not  to  do  much  work over looks  , politically  correct  social norms  and  me  as  my  nature  is  do  not  argue, I  a  higher  up  and  master  of  the  maid  can not  tell  her  younger in age  and  no  skilled  person if  she  is  wrong  and  not  doing  work  honestly giving  her  full attention
-she  tells  me  that I  have  formed  a  habit  of  scolding  her
-I  cant  tell her  she  is  not  serving  hot  chapatis  to  my  coughing  brother instead  she  keeps  the  cold  chapatis  before  him  with  cold  tea 
-we  have  more  educated  and  more  things  to  do  on computer  and  digital  and  she  thinks  I  am  not  good enough  because  government  saves  their  girls  by  paying  them  and  giving  them allowances  , girls  from other  castes  are  not  theur  caste  so  they  can  speak  up  and  complaint  and  even if  they  are  in the  wrong  I  a  Rajput  from zaildar  family  a translator  in Russian , Urdu  and  English  and hindi  can not  tell a  paid  maid  she  is  clutching  the  floor  and  not  running  around  when called ,a  scowl  on her  face  stopped  my brothers  and  me  from asking  her  to get  tea, she  can not  cook any  other  dish besides  daal  and  rice  and  Maggie  noodles  and  small  snacks  also  are  also  not  their  life  style  and  I  patted  me  after  all  its  lower  caste  species  proven  lower  and  their  traits  will not  change, policy  makers  come  and  go  but  society  does  not  change  on policies  , nations  war  and  revolutions  in minds  change  nations  to  reshuffle  their  values  and  policies  , girls  are  girls  if  all  the  girls  are  treated  good  , some  castes  for  political  reasons   picked  up  is  as  good  as   preferring  girls  from high class   ,in fact  girls  from high class  are  still better  until  they  are  brought  down  to  lower  level  and  branded  bad
-pledge-from today  not  going  to  speak on friendly  note  I  used  with  maid , not  supporting  her  on any  condition  even  if  she  is  bullied  by  her  own , never  standing  with  her  when she  complaints  women  outside  the  gate  call her, never  will I  teach her  again, never  will I  treat  her  like  princess, never  will I  show  her  television serial, never  will I  share  the  latest  news  and  stories, never  will I  give  her  tips  , never  will I  take  with me  on a  ride  , never  will I  give  her  an  extra  large  helping , never  will I  give  her  an  extra  spoohful of  ghee, never  will I  give  her  ching  sauce, never  will I  give  her  tit  bits, never  will I  give  her  what  she  does  not  deserve  ,horrid  mean  lower  class
-asha  rani  a  better  class  girl  whose  father  died  when she  was  small  had  to  work  for  an  extra  penny  while  still a school girl  , four  sisters  and  a  widow  mother  these  girls  worked  and  educated  themselves, built  their  house  and  got  married  and  settled  down 
-they  are  not  girls  who  beg  and  have  dignity  and  live  a  life  of  grace  and  are  string  in their  bad  times  , they  visit  me  sometimes  not  to  show  off  how  they  are  doing  in life  nor  to  see  how  we  are  doing  without  them but  sincere  at  heart  they  visit  to  maintain  their  beauty  and  grace  and  faith in god  
-something  divides the  lower  from the upper  and  this  is  serious  business  , the  line  is  so  fine  and  invisible  yet  give  , feed  and  water  both  species  cactus  grows  not  into  a  pine  tree, though both  have  their  uses , only  treat  them as  they  are  , remember  cactus  needs  not  as  much  watering  as  rice  
-funny  seeing  maids  around  working  in the  colony  are  all young  unmarried  uneducated  and  their   work is  not  improving  but  bank balance  is  shooting  up , 
-corruption unseen  is  not  rectified  because  it  is  deliberate

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pets toys and joys ..